Edusmart High School Science is a Flash-based teacher-guided instructional tool that is designed to enhance instruction and maximize learning through the use of proven research-based strategies. The program was developed specifically for the TEKs in partnership with teachers and administrators in Texas.
EduSmart Middle School Science
Edusmart Science is a Flash-based teacher-guided instructional tool that is designed to enhance instruction and maximize learning through the use of proven research-based strategies. Edusmart Science is divided into subtopics and sections — Interactivity, Glossary, Assessment, and Simulation — each section having been designed to maximize learning in its own unique way.
Edusmart Science builds students' concept knowledge using multiple real world examples and models, vivid graphics, concise narrated text, and strategically placed interactive opportunities to practice acquired knowledge.
Edusmart Science enhances effective questioning, the activation of prior knowledge, and ongoing assessment through built-in pauses, allowing student-learning to drive the pace of instruction.
- Content built specifically to meet the targeted state learning standards.
- Rich, detailed animation and concise narrated text enable students to construct their own understanding of concepts for maximum retention.
- Built-in pauses enable teachers to cue learning, to activate and assess prior knowledge, and assess mastery using effective questioning and graphic examples, allowing student understanding to guide the pace of the lesson.
- Integrated whiteboard area and marking tools for making annotations on the slides, drawing images, or creating graphic organizers.
- A test bank of multiple-choice questions, aligned to the learning objectives and supporting concepts presented, are included in each module. These questions can be accessed at any time during the program to assess student progress.
- Higher-order thinking questions are included in each module to support journaling and reflective thinking.
- Interactive activities or interactivities placed strategically within each module provide timely practice and immediate feedback of knowledge acquired during the program.
- Flexible installation options. The program can be locally installed on both MAC and Windows machines or can be installed on a school or district server for easy access from all computers connected to the server.
Grade 6 to Grade 8 Science Topics Covered
Force and Motion
Plant Vs. Animal Cell
Effects of Plate Tectonics
EduSmart Science is a trusted technology-based teaching tool designed for the 21st century classroom. When placed in the hands of a teacher, this teaching tool transforms the learning experience of the students.
Edusmart promotes Science literacy and collaborative problem-solving with STEM activities that require the application of knowledge and skills and engineering design principals to solve "real world" problems.
Edusmart's research-based design and flexible format adapts easily to support all types of instructional models including: direct instruction, cooperative learning and inquiry-based instruction.
This student-centered and teacher-directed tool allows teachers to differentiate instruction based on the unique needs of the various subpopulations within the classroom. EduSmart Science addresses all learning styles with its rich 2D and 3D animation, lively voice-overs, interactive content, and 'real life' examples.