SciTex Learning is a cloud-based Elementary Science teaching resource providing proven success for teaching Elementary Science. This cloud-based blended learning program has provides proven success for k-12 science in Texas. Over 50 optional experiment kits are also available to compliment this online teaching resources.
Living with STEM: Elementary
Our hands-on digital program teaches standards-based math, science, engineering, and English language skills to elementary school children.
Continuous interaction with exciting equipment and software creates a learning environment that is engaging for everyone. Students and teachers will want to spend time in our STEM labs.
Our comprehensive library contains over 1,000 STEM lessons, which are available anytime, anywhere online. It makes getting started with Living with STEM as easy as 1-2-3.
“They love to get high scores, and the system gives them instant feedback when they finish the test. I think this was definitely one of the major factors in our great success this year in the science TAKS”
- Ms. Yolanda Vela, Texas
12 Reasons You'll Love Living with STEM
- Complete Online Resource: Full range of learning content, including lesson plans, presentations, and assessments available online – login anytime anywhere!
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and much more!: Help your students grow a passion for STEM with over 300 hours of directed content that links directly to grade-level expectations.
- Completely Bilingual: ¡Hola mis amigos! All of our content is available in both English and Spanish language… and it’s fully narrated too!
- Continually Updated: Our team of curriculum creators are continually adding new content to your program. Look out for these new features each time you log on. Your feedback is important to us and drives us to continually improve the content you receive, and the way in which you receive it.
- Creative Hands-On Activities: Learning by doing is our mantra – Living with STEM has been designed to work with equipment that you may already have available. For your convenience we have a range of 25 pre-prepared hardware kits to help you get the most out of our program.
- Supporting YOUR Standards: We apply a magnifying glass to EVERY student expectation to ensure our lessons apply to the standards that YOU teach.
- Written with Teachers in Mind: Our content creators have all been involved in the teaching profession at some stage in their careers and they know exactly what teachers need – instructional content that is easy to implement in the classroom.
- Support, Support... Support!: At the heart of our learning content is a fully-integrated support system. Every lesson includes easy access to academic and technical subject support. Teachers - If something goes wrong or you can’t find the answer online, we are only a phone call away.
- Active Learning: Our active learning program is composed of creative hands-on tasks and interactive virtual software that work together flawlessly to create exciting lessons and environments where students can actively engage in their own learning.
- Stimulating Simulators: Many of our lessons include exciting simulators that provide students with an introduction to the real-world application of STEM without leaving the classroom. These lessons are our favorites!
- Learning Management at your Fingertips: Our learning management system will track and record the progress and attainment of your students, and the school's progress overall. To keep your students on their toes you can even see how often they log in!
- Proven to Improve Science Test Scores: We love to hear how our Living with STEM program is increasing test scores with some schools reporting up to 36% increases on the previous year. Our Living with STEM case studies will tell you more.
“To them, this is real scientific equipment, and they feel like real scientists when they get to use it for themselves”
- Mrs Norma Esquivel, Texas
Our comprehensive Living With STEM lesson library contains over 1,000 STEM lessons which are available anytime, anywhere online.
The way in which we deliver our content is INCREDIBLY flexible:
- Courses: These courses are custom-made to meet specific requirements such as individual State standards, they provide a comprehensive set of lessons for a complete program of study and are supplemented with a range of support materials for English and Math.
- Libraries (Living With STEM Library): This huge collection of Elementary School resources is called our Living With STEM Library...with this library you can have access to EVERY SINGLE piece of learning content for Elementary School that we have ever published! This resource is ideal for teachers to search and make their own courses.
- Hardware Resource Library: Some of our 25 pre-prepared hardware kits come with a set of lesson content as standard to help you get the most out of hands-on lessons.
Our Stream Table kit, for example, includes access (via DVD and online) to comprehensive practical tasks using the Stream Table to teach principles of erosion, deposition, and natural forces.
Our lessons – in detail
Comprehensive, informative, insightful. Our presentations provide students with the knowledge they need to grasp the key STEM concepts in our Living with STEM program. Our presentations are completely narrated with subtitles for the hard of hearing.
These hands-on activities are linked to theoretical resources that allow students to develop active learning skills.
Exciting, inquiring, tactile. Our investigations provide a range of skills development activities, including virtual workshop and laboratory tasks, on-screen equipment explorers and problem-solving tasks. Again, these lessons are fully narrated.
At the heart of the Living With STEM program are 300 exciting inquiry-based digital investigations and simulators. These lessons are our favorites; they’ve been designed by our experts to provide an introduction to the real-world application of STEM without having to leave the classroom.
Thought-provoking, challenging, versatile. Our assessments appraise student understanding of every topic in a supportive way that clearly identifies the correct answer to each question once it has been attempted.
The Best of the Rest
Our lessons are mapped to YOUR standards. They contain integrated Math and English Support Materials. Effortlessly search through our lessons and support materials… by keyword, by standard or by topic.
Automatically track and record the progress and attainment of your students with our integrated learning management system.
Our Learning Management System automatically tracks and records the progress and attainment of your students, and the school’s progress overall. You can see how much time students spend on each module, how often they log in, and instantly see records of their grades across the program.
The LMS gives the teacher control over the construction of courses, allowing them to be tailored for their students, and includes extensive student-tracking and reporting, adding up to a world-leading solution to your learning-providing needs.
Our Living With STEM program has been specifically designed so that the practical activities can be completed using equipment that you may already have available. Each hands-on lesson starts with a list of the items you will need, and we have minimized the use of consumable items to ensure that your programs are sustainable.
For convenience, and to absolutely ensure predictable results in our 108 practical lessons, we recommend the use of our Living With STEM hardware kits.
Most of the experiment kits are available as a single workstation pack. These are usually used for classroom demonstrations or a modular, rotational environment. The experiment kits used for most of the activities (the Apparatus Kit for example) are available as a four-pack. These are used for group or whole-class instruction.
We also have kits to support great, low-cost, exciting activities that we believe you’ll want to do with the whole class. These are our Class Activity Packs.
The experiment kits are delivered in our distinctive, easy-to-store orange boxes with storage trays inside and equipment maps inside the lids to make it easy to check that all the equipment has been returned.
LJ Create produces blended-learning resources in the form of hardware, software and e-learning curriculum for schools, colleges, universities and vocational training organizations worldwide. LJ Create creates practical and innovative teaching solutions that provide the tools to inspire students. LJ Create has been dedicated to being the world's leading educational systems provider since 1979.
LJ Create offers products from topic specific learning solutions to complete classroom management systems for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) curricula. LJ Create also produces training for automotive technicians at vocational level.
LJ Creates’ Comprehensive Cloud-Based Blended Learning Teaching Resources for:
- K-12 Science: A cloud-based blended learning resource linked to inquiry-based practical activities to make an instant impact for your students.
- Engineering: A comprehensive series of learning resources for all engineering fields which include hands-on classroom hardware and cloud-based curriculum materials.
- Automotive: LJ Create's Cloud-based Automotive educational resources provide professional training for the next generation of automotive technicians.
- STEM Education: LJ Create makes STEM truly engaging with a wide range of real-world problem solving tasks in our cloud-based learning environment.